Welcome to the website of “The Cork to Galway Cycle for Cradle"
The Cork to Galway Cycle for Cradle is a charity fundraiser in aid of Cradle and IMNDA.
Cradle is an Irish based charity that reaches out to children in war torn areas and crisis-hit regions. Click on the “About Cradle” tab to learn more about the work that Cradle does and how the funds raised from the Cork to Galway Cycle help with Cradle’s overseas projects.
As last year we are teaming up with Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association (IMNDA) who will be co-beneficiary of the Cycle. Click on “About IMNDA” for more info on the work that IMNDA do with sufferers of Motor Neurone Disease and their families in Ireland.
We cater for all levels of cyclist. However, a sensible level of fitness and preparation is required to enable you to enjoy the weekend. The more preparation you do, the more you will enjoy it.
During the event we put as much emphasis on the social side as the cycling. Its not all about hard work. The route is broken up into manageable 30km (approx) stages with full facilities provided at each pit-stop. We re-group at each pit-stop and even if you sign up and participate on your own you will soon find your place in the peleton and quickly get to know those around you cycling at your level. Also full on-road support is provided.
Each participant is required to pay a non-refundable deposit of €50 when registering and must commit to raising a further minimum sponsorship of €250.
We are renowned for the facilities we provide for our cyclists and this has been the key to the success of this event over the years.
• Two or more pit-stops per day with food and drinks supplied. Fresh sandwiches, soft drinks, water, fruit, etc.
• Full on-road support comprising of lead-car, bike mechanics, safety vehicles, luggage vehicle, mid-stage water stations, trained medical personal, Red cross ambulance cover all the way. The rear is taken up by a broom car which stays behind the last cyclist at all times. Nobody gets left behind on the Cork to Galway Cycle.
• Massage therapists!! A team of qualified massage and physical therapists will be available at each pit-stop. This service, which started as a “nice to have” feature a few years ago has become the most popular feature of the pit-stops.
• Overnight accommodation in Limerick and Galway including evening meal in Limerick.
• Après Cycle party in Galway!! You have just cycled from Cork to Galway!! Its time to celebrate. Party and dance the night away at our après cycle party.
• Transport home from Galway: We provide transport for you (coach) and your bike (truck) back to Cork on Sunday.
To sign up for this event, the best of its kind in the country, click on the “Register now” tab at the top of this page, fill in your details and pay your deposit online and you’re in. You will receive a confirmation email as soon as your payment has cleared and you will receive a sponsorship card in the post within days of registration. You will also receive updates by email with information on the event in the weeks and days leading up to the event keeping you informed of plans for the event.
Registration for the event will open on this website in early March so keep checking in until then. You can also keep track of up-to-the-minute news and progress on the event on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/cradlecycle You do not have to be signed up to facebook to view and browse the page.
03, May 2013
Cradle Cycle would like to welcome on board Celestica (Galway) as corporate sponsor of the Cork to Galway Cylce. Thank you for your suppor...